Bellwood is seeking full time and part time masters-level trained PTSD counsellor to work in both our Addiction program and our Concurrent PTSD program. The counsellors will provide high quality case management, clinical treatment, advocacy, individual and group therapy to clients for issues related to concurrent Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, trauma and substance abuse. The incumbent is a member of an interdisciplinary team and is responsible for active participation in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings and resident centered care planning. Interested internal candidates should speak with Kristen Cleary.
As a skilled clinician, you are interested in working with a diverse patient population, and have experience working with concurrent disorders and multiple addictions. You thoroughly enjoy working in a team environment and have excellent communication skills.
In your role as counsellor, your primary responsibilities will be to provide individual and group therapy, education and ongoing assessment of progress to Bellwood clients. Case coordination and communication across multi-disciplinary team is an integral component of the role.
- Works therapeutically with diverse client population through group therapy, individual therapy and assessment, as required.
- Competently manages clients with various addictions and mental health issues, including chemical and behavioural dependency, personality disorders, depression, anxiety, trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Identifies treatment issues and goals with clients, coordinating across broader clinical team when appropriate.
- Completes detailed documentation and charting appropriately. Prepares reports or correspondence in timely manner.
- Delivers education sessions to Bellwood clients, as well as to public audiences and external groups.
- Provides counselling sessions to family members and clients attending Family Program
- Drives quality improvement through strong initiative and participation in Quality Assurance activities.
- Is attentive to and intervenes on any client safety issues that are observed. Adheres to the behaviours outlined in our policies and procedures that promote client safety.
- Supervises students as part of Bellwood’s continual learning environment.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
Education: Master’s degree in Psychology or Social Work or Equivalent
Experience: Five or more years’ experience within addiction/mental health field
- CPT , DBT and CBT training considered a strong asset
- Experience working with concurrent disorders and multiple addictions
- Excellent individual and group therapy skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Active membership within a regulated college (ie: RSW, RP, Psych associate)
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also accept resumes via mail or fax at (416) 495-7943. For further information, please visit our website at www.edgewoodhealthnetwork.com/locations/bellwood.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources