Nurse Practitioner EHN Canada – White Rock, BC
Based on over 35 years of experience in addiction medicine and related mental health issues, EHN-CANADA will offer an unprecedented state-of-the-art treatment program in White Rock, British Columbia. “Whiterock EHN-CANADA” will be a licensed residential treatment facility including 14 beds dedicated to acute medical withdrawal management (“detox”) services and short term residential treatment. Employing a medical model, clients will receive Physician/Nurse Practitioner medically supervised detox including the use of medication assisted therapies and 24-hour nursing care. A comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessment will be conducted when all clients enter the program and a novel Accelerated Detox protocol may be offered in some cases.
Position Summary: As part of an interdisciplinary team the Nurse Practitioner will provide a comprehensive assessment of clients with mental health and addictions related issues and provide treatment management, guidance and prescribe medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first aid as needed and refer patients to medical care as the Clinical Team deems necessary.
- Communicate and collaborate with patients and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self care and prognosis.
- Prescribe and evaluate patient medications as per Pharmacotherapy, Detox policies.
- Assess patients (triage) daily for patient care and follow up; consult with doctors and clinical team members about patient care.
- Ensure inventory of narcotics is completed twice daily.
- Assess and recognize population health trends; ability to plan and implement strategies for population based prevention.
- Identify and respond appropriately to legal and ethical issues that may arise in patient care.
- Develop and implement evidence based strategies to improve care and participate in creating and evaluating health care policies.
- Collaborate with clients and other health professionals to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for clients, families and communities.
- In the event of emergency evacuation during the shift, be responsible for the safe evacuation of bed-ridden patients.
- Supervise, evaluate and work within a team.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development, educational or consultative assistance.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Current registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC)
- Maintain “Code of Ethics” as per CRNBC
- Completion of College requirements to prescribe narcotics, Methadone and Suboxone
- Act as a patient advocate showing respect and consideration for his/her dignity
- Adhere to confidentiality in regards to patients, staff, facility and community
- Demonstrate empathy toward patients, families and co-workers
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification (Level 1 or greater)
- Reported misuse or abuse of mood-altering chemicals for five years prior to application would disqualify an applicant
- Organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- 4 years of recent, relevant clinical nursing experience
Competitive wages, excellent benefits and a mutually supportive work environment. Salary will commensurate with training and experience. As a member of our multi-disciplinary team you will be part of a dedicated group of professionals who help patients and their families regain lives free from addiction. Edgewood Health Network is an equal opportunity employer which practices the principles of employment equity. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
How to Apply: Attention: Lena Taylor, Human Resources