Edgewood is a premier, private residential alcohol and drug addiction treatment centre specializing in the treatment of addiction and mental health. Our campus located in Nanaimo, BC on Vancouver Island is internationally recognized for patient care excellence and is acknowledged as one of the very best drug and alcohol treatment centres in North America
Setting us apart from others, Edgewood’s full-time, ASAM/ABAM certified medical doctors are experts in the field of addiction medicine and psychiatry including drug and alcohol withdrawal treatment. They dedicate their time exclusively to Edgewood – full-time, on-site, providing the best possible medical and psychiatric care to every individual who walks through our doors. With over 100 years of combined experience working directly with patients across our network, our doctors and psychiatrists provide a level of expertise like no others and have helped over 20,000 patients work towards achieving long-term, sustainable recovery. Edgewood’s inpatient mental health and addiction treatment centre is a recognized medical facility, therefore no GST is charged.
A Customized, Tailor-Fit Program
Addiction to alcohol, drugs or other substances is very complex but we can help. One of the keys to successful addiction treatment is ensuring that each individual is accurately assessed so their specific needs are identified early in the treatment process. At Edgewood we ensure that critical issues such as trauma, depression, chronic pain and anxiety are treated. Early identification of the patient’s specific challenges allows our experienced and credentialed clinical team to develop a comprehensive, tailor-made treatment plan.
Our tailor-made program Includes:
- Withdrawal management/detox
- 24/7 medical care and nursing support
- Psychotherapy including CBT and DBT
- Trauma informed care
- Anxiety and depression skills based group
- Group therapy
- One on one care (individual therapy)
- Relapse prevention
- Nutrition education
- Physical education and fitness
- Mobility and rehabilitation
- 12-Step facilitation and support groups
- Extended care
Science has confirmed that better outcomes are achieved when all factors are taken into consideration including the individual’s unique situation such as physical health, family, relationships, motivation and living environment. Recovery capital refers to the internal and external resources necessary for an individual to achieve and maintain recovery. This includes:
- Personal recovery capital – physical health, financial situation, safe shelter, clothing, food, education, etc.
- Family/Social recovery capital – relationships, family, recovery network such as a 12-step program, sponsor, sponsees, etc.
- Community recovery capital – encompasses community attitudes – reduce stigma, role models, recovery/treatment facilities, alumni associations, recovery housing, etc.
Whether it’s Inpatient, Extended Care, the Insite Family Program or any of our Outpatient Services that is right for you, all of the customized programs at Edgewood support the development of recovery capital.