Based on over 35 years of experience in addiction medicine and related mental health issues, EHN-CANADA will offer an unprecedented state-of-the-art treatment program in White Rock, British Columbia. “Whiterock EHN-CANADA” will be a licensed residential treatment facility including 14 beds dedicated to acute medical withdrawal management (“detox”) services and short term residential treatment. Employing a medical model, clients will receive physician supervised detox including the use of medication assisted therapies and 24-hour nursing care. A comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessment will be conducted when all clients enter the program and a novel Accelerated Detox protocol may be offered in some cases.
We are currently looking for casual, on-call support staff. This job requires the availability to work days, evenings, graveyards, weekends and holidays.
The primary function of the support staff is to ensure that the facility operates in a manner that is consistent with the goals and objectives of the treatment program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- General office duties as well as meet and greet visitors & new admissions to the facility, ensuring they are waiting comfortably, and advise appropriate staff member(s) of their arrival.
- Following rules of confidentiality.
- Monitors all patient activities.
- Ensures patients and facility are secure after all scheduled activities.
- Makes available to patients, prescribed medications as per Pharmacotherapy and Detox Policies & Procedures.
- Makes themselves available to any patient experiencing difficulties and needing to talk to a staff member.
- Communicate and document any significant occurrences.
- Participate in case consultation and treatment coordination with multi-disciplinary team.
- Administers first aid in case of emergency.
- Housekeeping and clerical tasks.
- Answers telephone and handles all calls as instructed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent diploma.
- Reported misuse or abuse of mood-altering chemicals or behaviours for two years prior to application would disqualify an applicant for a period of one year from the date of application.
- Must be able to read and write and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Valid First aid/CPR Level C
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Experienced Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions.
Positions required for days, afternoon and night shifts.
Submit Applications to: