The primary function of the support staff is to ensure that Edgewood operates in a manner that is consistent with the goals and objectives of the treatment program. This position requires ability to cover all shifts; days, evenings and nights. Full and part time staff are hired from within our casual pool.
Duties involve ensuring patient safety, patient admissions, answering telephone calls, assist with administering medications, monitoring patient activities, doing patient checks, and general duties as assigned by Clinical Supervisors. Support staff will facilitate and co-lead groups as required and assist patients to appointments and meetings.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Trauma Informed training/experience an asset
- Certificate from a recognized Health Care Worker educational program such as Community Health Worker Program and/or experience in related field is an asset.
- Reported misuse or abuse of mood-altering chemicals for two years prior to application would disqualify an applicant for a period of one year from the date of application.
- Must have good hearing and eyesight.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Valid First Aid/CPR Level C.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Criminal record check clearance through the Ministry of Justice.
- Negative TB test.
- Knowledge of mental health and addiction and the 12 steps an asset.
How to Apply:
Attention: Human Resources Department
Application Deadline: December 17, 2018