Title: Director Alumni Relations
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Alumni Coordinators
The Director of Alumni Relations will be based out of Toronto and is responsible for all activities in planning, launching and implementing projects related to our commitment to Alumni relations across Canada. The Director of Alumni Relations works closely with staff, and various community groups and individuals to promote positive company image and build strong relationships in the communities that the Edgewood Health Network (EHN) operates in.
- Educate and promote EHN programs in targeted communities across Canada
- Act as an advocate for the communities
- Participate in community based organizations to promote mutually beneficial EHN related goals
- Perform benchmarking and develop a peer network with Alumni Directors at leading U.S. providers of addiction treatment
- Develop, update and enforce all company policies and procedures in regards to alumni relations
- Responsible for of all recruitment, hiring and training in all aspects of alumni relations projects
- Work and develop relationships with alumni community groups, leaders and staff to create programs that promote EHN and community mission
- Proficient with the use of social media to reach current and future alumni
- Act as the company representative at alumni functions and events
- Acts as the key point of contact for community groups, associations and valuable business partners
- Design and implement a strategy that maximizes revenue by using a variety of creative and financial vehicles
- Engage donors who want to make a positive difference by helping the organization through fundraising programs in coordination with affiliated Foundations
- Generate revenue through major gift philanthropic donations, planned gifts and sponsorships in coordination with affiliated Foundations
- Develop and implement strategies to build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Take the lead role in working with other departments, specialists and staff to promote on-going company alumni relations projects
- Masters degree in marketing and public relations; or related field required
- A degree or diploma in Public Relations preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in community work required
- Bellwood or Edgewood Alumni an asset
- Strong Recovery an asset
- Proven ability to prepare media materials, such as news alerts, press releases, event sheets, etc.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and independently with all levels of clinical and administrative managers within the organization and with community leaders
- Must have ability to generate, identify and establish referral sources within addiction/mental health field.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
- Possesses a working knowledge and understanding of substance abuse, addictions, recovery and co-occurring disorders among adults.
- Possesses a working knowledge of addictions and psychiatric treatment principles and practices for adults.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Able to manage and coordinate consultant and volunteer activities
- Strong writing skills and editorial abilities for all forms of written media and communications
- Knowledge of EHN and alumni organizations and agencies
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
- Experience with Salesforce (or another CRM) preferred
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Demonstrates professional behavior reflective of EHN’s Mission Statement, Philosophy and Values
- Access to a car
- Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings as required
- Extensive travel as required
Edgewood Health Network offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at email@example.com. We will also accept resumes via mail or fax at (250) 751-2758. For further information, please visit our website at https://edgewoodhealthnetwork.com/careers/