EHN Canada – White Rock, BC
Edgewood Health Network (EHN) brings together a North American network of addiction and mental health providers. With over 50-years of combined experience, EHN provides the first comprehensive treatment options to patients, families, and health care practitioners. Our network includes 3 world-class inpatient treatment facilities in British Columbia, Montreal and Ontario and 8 outpatient clinics across Canada and the U.S. EHN has ambitious aspirations to continue to expand the network in order to offer the best possible care and support to our patients and clients, and in doing so, we welcome EHN White Rock to our network of treatment providers. We are currently looking for casual, on-call support staff. This job requires the availability to work days, evenings, graveyards, weekends and holidays.
The primary function of the support staff is to ensure that the facility operates in a manner that is consistent with the goals and objectives of the treatment program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General office duties as well as meet and greet visitors & new admissions to the facility, ensuring they are waiting comfortably, and advise appropriate staff member(s) of their arrival.
- Following rules of confidentiality.
- Monitors all patient activities.
- Ensures patients and facility are secure after all scheduled activities.
- Makes available to patients, prescribed medications as per Pharmacotherapy and Detox Policies & Procedures.
- Makes themselves available to any patient experiencing difficulties and needing to talk to a staff member.
- Communicate and document any significant occurrences.
- Participate in case consultation and treatment coordination with multi-disciplinary team.
- Administers first aid in case of emergency.
- Housekeeping and clerical tasks.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent diploma.
- Reported misuse or abuse of mood-altering chemicals or behaviours for two years prior to application would disqualify an applicant for a period of one year from the date of application.
- Must be able to read and write and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Valid First aid/CPR Level C
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Experienced Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions.
Positions required for full-time days, afternoon and graveyard shifts.
How to Apply:
Attention: Lena Taylor, Human Resources
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.