EHN Canada – White Rock, BC
Edgewood Health Network (EHN) brings together a North American network of addiction and mental health providers. With over 50-years of combined experience, EHN provides the first comprehensive treatment options to patients, families, and health care practitioners. Our network includes 3 world-class inpatient treatment facilities in British Columbia, Montreal and Ontario and 8 outpatient clinics across Canada and the U.S. EHN has ambitious aspirations to continue to expand the network in order to offer the best possible care and support to our patients and clients, and in doing so, we welcome EHN White Rock to our network of treatment providers.
The primary function of the Office Administrator is to ensure the day to day general office reception and Administrative duties. The Office Administrator must be able to work with a minimum of supervision, set priorities, and work effectively with a variety of demands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General office duties including:
- Answering phones and directing calls
- Preparation of reports and forms
- Type and forward correspondence as per Doctors
- Receive, record and write receipts for incoming funds
- Meet and greet visitors to the facility, ensuring they are waiting comfortably, and advise appropriate staff member(s) of their arrival
- Maintains office files
- Meet and greet visitors & new admissions to the facility.
- Maintains patient database, posting changes in patient status, new patients, addresses, Releases and all other relevant information. Maintains patient records in a safe and confidential manner.
- Maintain bed counts and status reports.
- Schedule outside appointments as directed by Medical or Clinical staff and ensures that related Progress Notes are recorded in each patient’s file.
- Order office supplies and ensures all office supplies are readily available.
- Perform other related duties as requested by management, such as processing Insurance Claims and related correspondence.
- Proof/Print Medical dictations.
- Prepare and distribute medical record request as directed by Doctor.
- Prepare and process record request for Government Ministries, other treatment centers.
- Direct Support Staff and schedule office use, and oversee Census throughout the day.
- Distribute incoming faxes throughout the day.
- Orders chips, medallions, cake, roses, baskets, for alumni functions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Certificate and/or combined experience and education
- Excellent computer skills are essential
- Must have ability to establish priorities and manage time effectively
- High degree of initiative and willingness to assist in any area required
- Ability to deal effectively and compassionately with people in many capacities
- Must have a general working knowledge of Addictions
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Must be able to understand and follow directions
How to Apply:
Attention: Lena Taylor, Human Resources
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.