Waterstone Clinic is a premier eating disorder clinic that offers quality outpatient services for individuals with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and eating disorders with co-occurring addiction. Our compassionate approach addresses the biological, psychological and social roots of eating disorders and utilizes CBT and DBT techniques. Our outpatient services for men and women with an eating disorder addresses symptom change. For clients further along in their journey to recovery, therapy covers motivation, developmental and relationship issues, self-esteem, sexuality, and assertiveness.
- Weekly or bi-weekly appointments with a therapist.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): for symptom reduction, especially binge eating and purging.
- Motivational Interviewing: for helping people ready themselves for more intensive treatments, or make changes on their own with the skills they already have.
- Non-specific Supportive Clinical Management (NSCM) of anorexia: long term expert support of individuals with anorexia with a focus on psychoeducation, weight gain, and normalizing eating, plus any issues that the client brings to the session.
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT): learning and applying DBT skills to reduce symptoms and build a better life.
Concurrent Eating Disorders and Addiction Treatment
Through a special collaboration between Waterstone Clinic and Bellwood Health Services, patients can also receive treatment for eating disorders and addiction concurrently. Please visit www.bellwood.ca to learn more about this specialized treatment for concurrent eating disorders in Canada.