Before anyone can receive help, they first need to ask. And for many people suffering from eating disorders, this first step is a true challenge. That’s why our admissions coordinators are standing by to provide assistance whenever you or a loved one is ready to admit “I need help.” From here, our discrete, completely confidential process will begin to determine the type of treatment you require.
If you are interested in beginning your journey to recovery at Waterstone, please consider the following steps.
Step 1: Is Waterstone for you?
- Do you have an eating disorder?
- Are you an adolescent (14-17) or an adult?
- Are you looking for specialized eating disorder treatment, skills training and support?
Step 2: Payment planning
- Note: services are not covered by OHIP.
- Private health insurance may cover part of services.
- Fees are based on guidelines set by the Regulatory Colleges for Health Professionals in Ontario.
Step 3: Assessing your needs
- Consider your treatment options by contacting Waterstone Clinic.
- Book a “walk-through” or phone interview and discuss the various programs with one of our clinicians.
- Complete a comprehensive psychological and eating disorder assessment in preparation for entering the Day Programs, or to evaluate your next steps in care.
Step 4: Physician Referral Form
Our Physician Referral Form must be completed in full by your family doctor in order to access most services at Waterstone Clinic. Otherwise, people may self-refer. (Physicians Referral Form)
Cell phones are not permitted while at Waterstone. Clients are advised to leave their cell phones at home, however if brought, they will be placed in safekeeping and returned upon departure.
What to Bring
- Comfortable casual clothes such as jeans, cotton pants, knee-length shorts, shirts, sweaters, blouses, and jackets.
- Sleepwear, bathrobe, and slippers
- Exercise clothes such as jogging suits, gym shorts, T-shirts, walking or running shoes, and rainwear
- Laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- Alarm clock
- For those who snore – nasal strips and ear plugs
- Toiletries and hygiene products (Mouthwash must be non-alcoholic.)
- Books, iPods/mp3 players (without Internet access, camera or phone access) and extra batteries. Note: Large portable radios and CD/DVD players are not allowed.
- A 3 day supply of routine prescription medications and routine vitamins pre-approved by Waterstone medical staff. All supplements are to be sealed.
- Credit card, bank card, or money for toiletries or incidentals
- Photos and mementos of loved ones
Note: No more than one piece of luggage and one carry-on bag per patient.
What Not to Bring
- Over-the-counter medications and vitamins (unless pre-approved by our medical staff)
- Food or beverages. No outside food or beverages are allowed on the property.
- Lottery tickets
- Large amounts of money and valuables
- Computers, Personal Digital Assistants, TVs, cameras, movies/DVDs.
- Playing cards, dice or other gambling items.
- Electronic hand-held games
- Perfume, cologne, aftershave and scented body lotions. Waterstone is a “scent free” environment.
Please note that if any of these items are brought to Waterstone, they will be placed in safekeeping and will not be available for your use during treatment.
Footwear must be worn at all times and should be appropriate for program activity.
The following items of clothing are not permitted for Bellwood clients:
- Tight or revealing clothing such as: halter tops; bathing suit tops, mid-drift tops (belly tops); thinly strapped tops or strapless tops; tank tops; “muscle” tops; tight shorts, pants, or skirts; “short” shorts or short skirts.
- Clothing with inappropriate wording or pictures, including anything promoting alcohol, bars, casinos or sports teams
- Camouflage clothing
Please note that as part of our infection control policy, upon admission, all belongings will be screened by our staff in the presence of clients. Luggage and bags will be steamed and clothes may be ‘flash-dried’ if required.
Full Day Program: $650.00 CAD per day.
Half Day Program: $450.00 CAD per day.
Residential Program: $645.00 CAD per day.
Individual Counselling: Averages at $225.00 per session