In our experience, inpatient treatment has excellent success rates. Addiction is a serious, persistent and challenging disease. But, so are we. Our strengths lie in the quality of our patient care, our continuum of care, and our personalized, ongoing treatment.
‘Open-ended’ means patients work a personalized rehab program at their own rate. Some patients take less time, while others take more. It all depends on the individual. Having said that, the average length of stay is typically between 7-8 weeks.
Edgewood is a therapeutic community. This means that we create an environment where patients, clients, families and staff alike contribute to the healing process as they share activities, build relationships and interact through the day.
Inpatient Treatment for Addiction Includes:
- On-site clinical detox for substances like alcohol, cocaine, or heroin.
- Process addictions like gambling, sex addiction and eating disorders.
- Specialized treatment for associated mental health disorders.
- Personalized care programs.
- Nutritional guidance.
- Supervised physical fitness.
- Relapse prevention.
How Inpatient Addiction Treatment Works:
- Uses the fundamentals of the 12 steps.
- Educational lectures that discuss the nature of drugs and addiction.
- Guided group therapy for open honesty in a safe, supportive environment.
- Individual counseling.
- Professional psychiatric evaluations.
- Peer and self-assessments.
- Conferences with people close to you.
For substances like alcohol, benzodiazepines, heroin and fentanyl, a safe and supportive withdrawal program is key. The Edgewood detoxification process includes effective pain management techniques and medications to make the journey as easy as possible. It’s medically supervised, for maximum safety.
Here’s How We Do It:
- Thorough medical examinations to determine if detoxification is necessary.
- Our ASAM certified physician monitors the cleansing process.
- Compassionate 24-hour nursing and medical care.
- Dedicated staff encourage positive lifestyle changes.
- During inpatient treatment, our physicians continue to work with patients to improve health.
Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
Correct assessment and diagnosis is critical. There is a high rate of co-occurrence between alcohol and drug related disorders, and various mental illnesses. These include:
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Eating Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Anxiety Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
Not everyone struggling with addiction has a co-occurring disorder, but extensive alcohol and drug use can hide underlying problems.
Misdiagnosis is the biggest danger. It’s important to get it right, right away. Other may be unaware of the extent of someone’s drug or alcohol use, and as a result, medical practitioners may not be able to diagnose problems properly.
That why Edgewood is a Dual Diagnosis Capable facility, providing psychiatric consultation and ongoing medication management for co-occurring disorders.
At Edgewood, those who are already on psychotropic medication are provided an in-depth assessment and on-going monitoring for co-occurring disorders by our inpatient psychiatrists and counselling staff.
Our psychiatric care uses the most up-to-date Best Practices available for co-occurring disorders. And, if the patient if unstable or unable to benefit from treatment, we provide alternative treatment recommendations.
Sometimes, a co-occurring disorder will go undetected until after treatment begins. We make every effort to stabilize the patient’s condition, as long as they are able to continue to participate in the program.