Before anyone can receive help, they first need to ask. And for many people suffering from addiction, this first step is a true challenge. That’s why our admissions coordinators are standing by to provide assistance whenever you or a loved one is ready to admit “I need help.” From here, our discrete, completely confidential process will begin to determine the type of treatment you require.
What to Expect
Addiction leads to isolation; however, EHN believes that no patient needs to feel alone on their journey to recovery. Because of this, providing a supportive therapeutic community within a comfortable environment is particularly important. Our programs are structured and intense, giving patients the best chance for successful, long-term recovery while building a sense of connection amongst peers and staff.
What to Bring
- Your Provincial Health Card, Extended Health benefits card, or other medical insurance card.
- Current prescribed medications
- Vitamins in sealed, unopened containers (Contact our admissions department if you’re unsure whether certain supplements are allowed).
- Pocket books and appropriate reading materials.
- Weather appropriate, non-revealing and comfortable clothes, walking shoes, gym clothing, and outdoor wear.
- Cash, cheques, or debit cards for spending money, and laundry and credit cards to make final payment upon discharge. If someone other than the patient is paying for the cost of treatment, an imprint of a credit card will be taken for final payment.
We allow immediate family to visit every Sunday from 1-4:30 p.m. Visiting hours are limited in order to allow our patients to focus on treatment and getting well.
Patients cannot receive visitors in the first seven days of their treatment in order to allow them to settle in at Edgewood. If you have any questions about visiting, please call our admissions department for clarification.
What Not to Bring
- Aftershave, cologne, scented lotions, perfume or alcohol-based mouthwash, nail polish or remover, bar soap, alcohol based hand sanitizer
- Radios, iPods, Mp3 players, smartphones, cameras or computers.
- Musical instruments, stuffed animals, sports equipment, playing cards, lottery or scratch tickets, games or gambling paraphernalia.
- Candy, chips, and other snack foods.
- Chewing tobacco, rolling papers, open tobacco or open packages of cigarettes will be discarded (We offer a variety of cigarettes in our store, but if you prefer to bring your own, ensure the packages are unopened).
- Cigars that are rum or wine flavoured.
- Self-help books.
- Ripped or torn clothing, as well any clothing depicting alcohol or drugs.
- Open containers of vitamins or health supplements.
At Edgewood, fees include most living expenses, counseling services, 24-hour nursing care, medical and psychiatric services. No PST or GST is charged for Inpatient or Extended Care. Medical expenses not covered by provincial health or personal insurance will be added to the cost of treatment.
Inpatient Care: $425.00 CAD per day.
Extended Care: $220.00 CAD per day.
Insite: $2400.00 CAD plus GST.
US Fee structure
If you live outside of Canada, an all-inclusive fee of $28,000.00 US is required upon admission. This includes:
Up to 60 days of residential treatment
Participation for one family member in our INSITE program.
Accommodation for the family member attending INSITE
Edgewood is licensed through Island Health, License # 1381747
Edgewood is a wheelchair friendly facility.