Depression and alcohol dependence often go hand in hand. The Da Vinci Program was developed by the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) and is available through Bellwood Health Services. This program is specifically designed for individuals who have a diagnosis of major depressive disorder and substance use disorder – alcoholism.
A team of healthcare professionals including a physician and qualified counsellors works together using evidence-based care to guide clients towards recovery. We offer clients the opportunity to learn about depression and alcohol dependence while being taught strategies that will empower them to live healthier lifestyles. This outpatient program includes group therapy, physician appointments, and psychoeducation sessions with reading material and homework. Other program components include:
- Addiction and depression psychoeducation
- Assessment and ongoing review of psychotropic drugs, including anti-depressant and anti-craving medications
- Weekly self-assessments using standardized tests
- Goal-setting strategies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Relapse prevention planning
To learn more about the Da Vinci Program, contact our admissions team at 416-495-0926 or firstname.lastname@example.org.