What to Bring
- Comfortable casual clothes such as jeans, cotton pants, knee-length shorts, shirts, sweaters, blouses, and jackets.
- Sleepwear, bathrobe, and slippers
- Exercise clothes such as jogging suits, gym shorts, T-shirts, walking or running shoes, and rainwear
- Laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- Alarm clock
- For those who snore – nasal strips and ear plugs
- Toiletries and hygiene products (Mouthwash must be non-alcoholic.)
- Books, iPods/mp3 players (without Internet access, camera or phone access) and extra batteries. Note: Large portable radios and CD/DVD players are not allowed.
- A 3 day supply of routine prescription medications and routine vitamins pre-approved by Bellwood medical staff. All supplements are to be sealed.
- Credit card, bank card, or money for toiletries or incidentals
- Photos and mementos of loved ones
Note: No more than one piece of luggage and one carry-on bag per patient.
What Not to Bring
- Over-the-counter medications and vitamins (unless pre-approved by our medical staff)
- Food or beverages. No outside food or beverages are allowed on the property.
- Lottery tickets
- Large amounts of money and valuables
- Computers, Personal Digital Assistants, TVs, cameras, movies/DVDs.
- Playing cards, dice or other gambling items.
- Electronic hand-held games
- Perfume, cologne, aftershave and scented body lotions. Bellwood is a “scent free” environment.Please note that if any of these items are brought to Bellwood, they will be placed in safekeeping and will not be available for your use during treatment.
Footwear must be worn at all times and should be appropriate for program activity.
The following items of clothing are not permitted for Bellwood clients:
- Tight or revealing clothing such as: halter tops; bathing suit tops, mid-drift tops (belly tops); thinly strapped tops or strapless tops; tank tops; muscle tops; tight shorts, pants, or skirts; “short” shorts or short skirts.
- Clothing with inappropriate wording or pictures, including anything promoting alcohol, bars, or casinos
- Camouflage clothing
Please note that as part of our infection control policy, upon admission, all belongings will be screened by our staff in the presence of clients. Luggage and bags will be steamed and clothes may be ‘flash-dried’ if required.
Once you have spoken to a Bellwood counsellor, please complete the following Interactive PDF and email it to our admissions team.