EHN Canada – White Rock, BC
Edgewood Health Network (EHN) brings together a North American network of addiction and mental health providers. With over 50-years of combined experience, EHN provides the first comprehensive treatment options to patients, families, and health care practitioners. Our network includes 3 world-class inpatient treatment facilities in British Columbia, Montreal and Ontario and 8 outpatient clinics across Canada and the U.S. EHN has ambitious aspirations to continue to expand the network in order to offer the best possible care and support to our patients and clients, and in doing so, we welcome EHN White Rock to our network of treatment providers.
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, the Clinical Manager, is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the business including budget management, program development and marketing. He/she also coordinates clinical programs and assessments, as well as provides leadership to staff. In addition, the Clinical Manager works as an Addictions Counsellor, providing counselling services and referrals to individuals, couples, families and groups in varying stages of addiction and co-addiction and is responsible for maintaining clinical records and updating referrals as required. He/she provides emergency coverage to staff in the event of illness or emergency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Addictions Counselling.
- In consultation with the Director, hires, trains and plans for the future to ensure the staffing requirements of the program are met.
- Oversees the scheduling of programming and staffing; delegates or covers the duties of staff when absent.
- Provides clinical supervision during case conferencing and has the final decision and responsibility on clinical matters.
- Oversees the budget and regularly reports statistics to the Director, tracking profit and loss with the assistance of the Accounting Supervisor in Nanaimo.
- Seeks opportunities to develop curriculum and expand programs and services which support EHN’s mission statement and strategic plan, to meet the needs of clients and address gaps in addiction services in the community.
- Markets the program with the assistance of the Office Administrator and the Marketing Department, making decisions about ad campaigns and offering time as a public speaker to referrals and educational institutions.
- Identifies potential referrals in order to expand marketing contacts and meets with them when possible.
- Oversees formal assessments in consultation with the appropriate medical professional, ensuring quality control for written assessments or clinical records released to third parties.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of recent clinical supervisory experience.
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience as a counsellor, 3 of which must be in addictions.
- Masters degree in social work, psychology or related discipline preferred.
- Registration with social work or counseling board preferred.
- Must have experience facilitating therapeutic groups and be comfortable providing psycho-education in group settings.
- Experience working in an inpatient treatment setting and with families is an asset..
- Strong ethical boundaries and leadership skills are required.
- Ability to relate effectively and establish positive interpersonal relationships with clients and staff.
- Ability to establish treatment and recovery plans in collaboration with clients and Clinical Manager/team.
- Must demonstrate effective oral, written and organizational skills including clinical note taking and written assessments.
- Ability to work independently on complex matters.
- Willingness to be curious about self and prioritize self care.
- Basic computer skills required: typing and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
How to Apply:
Attention: Lena Taylor, Human Resources
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.