Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 30-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork, and respect. Bellwood is currently looking to hire a full-time Support Counsellor.
The Support Counsellor assists in the coordination and delivery of patient care to all clients and provides support and education to clients and families during all phases of treatment. The Support Counsellor delivers activities at the Bellwood facility ensuring safety for clients and staff. The Support Counsellor provides audio visual services, general maintenance, housekeeping services and ongoing support to clients and staff in order to facilitate and fulfill its prime function of quality care to clients and others during all phases of recovery. Specific duties and procedures are outlined below.
- Delivering client care according to the Ethical Standards of the Human Services Counselling diploma or equivalent.
- Maintaining current progress records on clients.
- Orientating, facilitating and reinforcing client’s involvement in addiction treatment.
- Providing supportive counselling and health teaching to clients, families and/or significant others on typical recovery and lifestyle issues throughout all stages of recovery.
- Maintain a therapeutic environment on the Unit conducive to the client learning productive patterns of living.
- Actively participate with team members in the assessment, planning, and evaluation of the client and his/her care.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and follow-up of the client goal plan.
- Participate in the development and delivery of client educational sessions and discussion groups.
- Assist the public with crisis intervention and information in addiction and other maladaptive behaviours. Provide information services offered by Bellwood Health Services and other related agencies.
- Maintaining professional standards and participating in In-service and continued educational activities.
- Is attentive to and intervenes on any client safety issues that are observed. Adheres to the behaviours outlined in our policies and procedures that promote client safety.
- To secure all entrances and exits of Bellwood Health Services on shift and on weekends.
- Regular client monitoring rounds (Unit and Bellwood Health Services areas) ensuring safety needs and client management.
- To ensure general maintenance and housekeeping services and liaison with maintenance staff and housekeeping staff. Ensure all Bellwood Health Services storage areas and office and classroom areas are clean and well maintained.
- To ensure appropriate supplies and equipment to meet the needs of the daily program and additional functions, including high quality and accurate photocopying, filing, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist in admission and discharge procedures of clients as necessary.
- Provide support to clients, families and/or significant others on typical recovery issues. (Crisis calls, medical inquiries, and problematic calls are transferred to the Nurse)
- Other duties as assigned
- Human Services Counsellor or Addiction Counselling Diploma or Equivalent. (Working towards professional designation)
- ICADC/CACC preferred
- 2 years Clinical experience in the treatment of the chemically dependent
- and/or Eating Disorders preferred.
- Experience in a patient care setting within a nursing team an asset
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Good critical thinking skills
- Strong written/documentation skills.
You will be required to work all shifts, which includes days, evenings, nights (must) and weekends and will also be available to work 8 or 12 hours shifts.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at email@example.com. We will also accept resumes via mail or fax at (416) 495-7943. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.