Registered Practical Nurse’s (rpn)
About Bellwood Health Services:
Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 30-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. Bellwood is currently looking to hire full time and part time nurses.
You will be required to work all shifts, which includes days, evenings, nights (must) and weekends and will also be available to work 8 or 12 hours shifts.
Job Function and Duties:
- Delivering client care according to the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Providing ongoing client care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning implementation and evaluation.
- Formulating and implementing client care plans.
- Safely implementing physician’s orders.
- Administering medications to clients.
- Maintaining current progress records on clients according to legal and ethical standards.
- Orientating, facilitating and reinforcing client’s involvement in addiction treatment.
- Decide and initiate on course of action in case of medical emergencies
- Providing supportive counselling to clients, families and/or significant others on typical recovery issues.
- Maintain a therapeutic environment on the unit conducive to the client learning productive patterns of living.
- Providing ongoing health teaching to clients in relation to common health problems and the clients maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Co-ordinate individual client appointments and referrals.
- Actively participate with team members in the assessment, planning and evaluation of the client and his care.
- Assisting the public with crisis intervention and information on addiction.
- Perform other duties as outlined on shift duty lists and as assigned by the Manager of Nursing and Patient Care.
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered Practical Nurse with current registration
- Good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Mental Health Certificate an asset
- BCLS required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Addiction experience preferred
- Computer literate
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at email@example.com. We will also accept resumes via mail or fax at (416) 495-7943. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
EHN is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.