Bellwood Health Services is seeking full-time masters-level trained counsellors with a specialization in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders / Trauma. The counsellor assigned to the PTSD & Trauma programs will provide high quality case management, clinical treatment, advocacy, individual and group therapy to clients for issues related to occupational Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, trauma and substance abuse. The incumbent is a member of an interdisciplinary team and is responsible for active participation in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings and resident centered care planning.
As a skilled clinician, you are interested in working with a diverse patient population, and have experience working with PTSD, concurrent disorders and multiple addictions. You thoroughly enjoy working in a team environment and have excellent communication skills.
Job function and Duties:
In your role as counsellor, your primary responsibilities will be to provide individual and group therapy, education and ongoing assessment of progress to Bellwood clients. Case coordination and communication across multi-disciplinary team is an integral component of the role.
- Works therapeutically with diverse client population through group therapy, individual therapy and assessment, as required.
- Competently manages clients with various addictions and mental health issues, including chemical dependency, trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Identifies treatment issues and goals with clients, coordinating across broader clinical team when appropriate.
- Completes detailed documentation and charting appropriately. Prepares reports or correspondence in timely manner.
- Delivers education sessions to Bellwood clients, as well as to public audiences and external groups.
- Provides counselling sessions to family members and clients attending Family Program
- Drives quality improvement through strong initiative and participation in Quality Assurance activities.
- Is attentive to and intervenes on any client safety issues that are observed. Adheres to the behaviours outlined in our policies and procedures that promote client safety.
- Supervises students as part of Bellwood’s continual learning environment.
Master’s degree in Psychology or Social Work or Equivalent
Five or more years’ experience within addiction/mental health field
- PTSD / Trauma Specialization
- Cognitive Process Therapy training and experience
- Experience in Stress Inoculation Therapy and In Vivo Exposure work is considered a strong asset
- Experience working with concurrent disorders and multiple addiction
- Excellent individual and group therapy skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at email@example.com. No telephone calls please. We will also accept resumes via mail at 175 Brentcliffe Road, Toronto, ON, M4C 0G5, or fax at (416) 495-7943. For further information, please visit our website at www.edgewoodhealthnetwork.com/locations/bellwood. Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources