Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 30-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. Bellwood is currently looking to hire a part time Counsellor (with the opportunity to work additional hours).
The Admissions counsellor is the initial contact person for individuals, corporations, mental health professionals, etc. wishing to obtain information related to Bellwood and Edgewood Health Networks programs and services. The Admissions Counsellor obtains preliminary client information to screen suitability for an assessment or admission. The Admissions Counsellor will respond to crisis calls with appropriate counselling and recommendations. The Admissions Counsellor provides psychosocial and addiction history assessment of clients during preadmission assessment or during admission, and screen for appropriateness for admission to Bellwood/EHN.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers inquiry calls/emails/faxes or other communication means and assess eligibility for further assessment or admission
- Provide information on programs and services available at Bellwood or within the Edgewood Health Network or provide information/referral to external providers as appropriate.
- Conducts tours with prospective client and answers questions concerning program with family and friends
- Conducts intensive addiction assessments and make clinical recommendations for treatment including assessments
- Proactively case manages clients. This includes communicating with client, family, referents, other health care professionals or organizations, legal professionals, and other external parties, as required.
- Documents all communication with clients, family, referents
- Act as liaison for community referral agents i.e. EAP representatives, occupational health organizations , advising of a client’s arrival and providing documentation as needed
- Actively participates with team members and the interdisciplinary team regarding the ongoing treatment planning and evaluation of the client and their care, as needed
- Completes mandatory assessment or admission documentation, consents or other forms as required
- Prepare and maintain client files
- Maintain open communication with other interdisciplinary team members regarding client cases and attend team meetings as required
- Books pre-admission medicals with physician, as required.
- Maintain client waiting lists and BHS bed allocation
- Assist client with detoxification process when required
- Present program education sessions as required
- Preparing reports, data management including data entry as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Staff will work a variety of shifts including weekdays, evenings, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- Post-secondary education in chemical dependency (i.e. Nursing Background or Addictions Counsellor diploma).
- Social Service Worker.
- Human Services Graduate.
- Addictions Counselor Diploma.
- ICADC certificate or in the process of achieving certification.
- Minimum 2 years in the addiction field.
- Sales experience is an asset.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at email@example.com. We will also accept resumes via mail or fax at (416) 495-7943. For further information, please visit our website at www.edgewoodhealthnetwork.com/locations/bellwood.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.