Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 30-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. Bellwood is currently looking to hire a part time Counsellor (with the opportunity to work additional hours).
In your role as Counselor, your primary responsibilities will be to provide individual, group and family therapy, education and ongoing assessment of progress to Bellwood clients. Case coordination and communication across an inter-professional team is an integral component of the role. You will be responsible for communicating with referral agencies, offer support, and guidance to clients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competently manages clients with various addictions and mental health issues, including substance abuse, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Sexual Addiction, Eating Disorders, Problem Gambling, and other Mental Health Disorders.
- Works therapeutically with diverse client population through group therapy, or other process groups, individual and family therapy and assessment, as required.
- Delivers education sessions to Bellwood clients, as well as to public audiences and external groups.
- Identifies treatment issues and goals with clients, coordinating across broader clinical teams when appropriate.
- Collaborates in the development, implementation and follow-up of the client care plan and discharge plans (i.e. continuing care plan).
- Completes detailed documentation and charting appropriately. Prepares reports or correspondence in timely manner.
- Case management of client caseload.
- Participates in weekly meetings and consultation meetings of teams – makes recommendations on basis of the client progress.
- Orients clients in treatment to the continuing care program.
- Collects a copy of Health Plan and 168 at end of treatment and review these recovery tools with the client.
- Supporting a framework of accountability for clients in their recovery.
- Liaise with referral sources, aftercare providers, EAP representative, parole and probation officers, verbally, electronically and/or in writing on a weekly basis and documents in the discharge planning log.
- Update families on a weekly basis, arrange for family consultation when needed.
- Engages in personal professional development, maintains appropriate professional associations, and provides current documentation to the Human Resources Department.
- Provides supervision for students in placement at Bellwood.
- Undertakes Quality Assurance activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Staff will be required to work – days and some evenings/weekends.
Tuesday & Thursday from 12:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
39 Pleasant Blvd., 3rd Floor
Toronto, ON M4T 1K2
- Master’s degree in Psychology or Social Work or Equivalent; College diploma such as Human Services or Addiction Counselling Diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years’ experience within addiction/mental health field.
- Experience working with concurrent disorders and multiple addictions.
- Experience working with individuals who have experienced trauma as asset.
- Excellent individual and group therapy skills.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to client-centered care
- Role models excellence in client care and serves as a mentor
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health-care team
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
- Understanding of change process/theory and an ability to manage change
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Participation in one or more professional associations
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at email@example.com. We will also accept resumes via mail or fax at (416) 495-7943. For further information, please visit our website at www.edgewoodhealthnetwork.com/locations/bellwood.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.