EHN Canada – White Rock, BC
Edgewood Health Network (EHN) brings together a North American network of addiction and mental health providers. With over 50-years of combined experience, EHN provides the first comprehensive treatment options to patients, families, and health care practitioners. Our network includes 3 world-class inpatient treatment facilities in British Columbia, Montreal and Ontario and 8 outpatient clinics across Canada and the U.S. EHN has ambitious aspirations to continue to expand the network in order to offer the best possible care and support to our patients and clients, and in doing so, we welcome EHN White Rock to our network of treatment providers.
EHN White Rock seeks an outstanding counsellor to join our multidisciplinary team. The primary function of the addictions counsellor is to identify, evaluate and treat persons who experience problems related to the use of mood-altering chemicals and/or behaviours, and to deal with the relationship between these experiences and the use or abuse of these chemicals. The goal of the process is for the counsellor to:
- Assist the person to recognize that his/her use of chemicals and/or behaviors are maladaptive and destructive, and ultimately accept the illness and its seriousness.
- Help or assist the person to make a commitment to him/her to eliminate or minimize these problems by taking appropriate action relative to his/her use of mood-altering chemicals and/or behaviors.
- Provide guidance, assistance and support to the person’s efforts to establish new patterns of thinking and lifestyles to eliminate the need to use and abuse mood-altering chemicals and/or behaviors.
It is also a major responsibility of an addictions counsellor to be able to recognize problem areas beyond the scope of his/her training, skill or specialty, and to assist others to utilize the knowledge and skills of other professionals.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Masters degree in a related field, or a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a willingness to pursue a masters degree.
- Possessing personal qualities indicative of competence as a counsellor; or
- Experience facilitating group therapy, lecturing and educational presentations
- Reported misused or abuse of mood-altering chemicals for 5 years prior to application would disqualify an applicant for a period of one year from the date of the application.
- Updated knowledge of substance use disorder, eating disorders, pathological gambling and sexual addiction.
- Must possess superior reading, writing and communication skills; both verbally and in writing.
- Must have good hearing and eyesight.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions.
- Basic computer skills.
Competitive wages, excellent benefits and a mutually supportive work environment. Salary will commensurate with training and experience. As a member of our multi-disciplinary team you will be part of a dedicated group of professionals who help patients and their families regain lives free from addiction. Edgewood Health Network is an equal opportunity employer which practices the principles of employment equity. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
How to Apply:
Attention: Lena Taylor, Human Resources
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.